Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

I, a Meat Lover, Tried Tabitha Brown’s Chili Carrot Dogs (and My Review May Surprise You) - PureWow

The main con for me was how pricy the recipe was. I paid $63 for ingredients (not including pantry staples and basics that I already had at home), $28 on pecans alone. So, if you aren’t vegan and have cheaper alternatives on hand (like soy sauce instead of coconut aminos, regular mayo instead of vegan mayo, honey instead of agave or vegetable oil instead of grapeseed oil), don’t be shy about substituting to save a few bucks. (On that note, if you’re only making 12 hot dogs or even less, you can likely use ½ pound of pecans or less to save money too. I had a ton of chili leftover. Same goes for the coleslaw, although leftovers of both are easy to repurpose.)

Other than that, the finished handhelds are surprisingly hearty. The carrots are sweeter than hot dogs, but texture wise, they offer a pseudo-snap that I was pleased by. One change I’d make is preparing the coleslaw while the carrots boil instead of as the chili cooks, since the chili can’t be made until the carrots are done. This way, it has more time to chill in the fridge before it’s served.

TLDR? Round up all your vegan friends—you’re hosting a barbecue.

Adblock test (Why?)

Article From & Read More ( I, a Meat Lover, Tried Tabitha Brown’s Chili Carrot Dogs (and My Review May Surprise You) - PureWow )
https://ift.tt/naseK39
Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Not sure what to make for dinner? Here are recipes to help you eat sustainably - NPR

[unable to retrieve full-text content] Not sure what to make for dinner? Here are recipes to help you eat sustainably    NPR Article From ...

Postingan Populer